The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Finance Lead- FP&A Fixed Term- 12 Months
This job has been closed.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
** At Saga we’re radically flexible which means our colleagues have total autonomy over where they work – home, hybrid or hub. This role has a hybrid element which means our team come together when we need to collaborate.**
Finance Lead- FP&A Fixed Term- 12 Months
Salary Up to £60,000 (dependent on experience)
FT- 35 hours per week
At Saga we place real value in the diversity of our people and that’s why we recognise that some groups of people may not wish to apply if they haven’t met 100% of the criteria, or if they have taken a less traditional route to gaining their experience. We’d love to hear from you and encourage you to apply as you might be just the candidate we’re looking for! If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Finance Lead – FP&A to join our Underwriting Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Finance within the Insurance Finance team, this role is suited to a qualified accountant with previous experience in management reporting and planning, preferably within the insurance or underwriting. This role will be responsible for ensuring delivery of all financial reporting, planning and analysis in accordance with both internal and external reporting guidelines and requirements.
** All internal applicants, please discuss your aspirations to move to this role with your current line manager prior to submitting your application. As an organisation Saga are committed to supporting internal progression and if you require any assistance, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Team**
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for the Underwriting entities including preparation of analysis and commentary in relation to P&L, balance sheet and cash flow, at a level appropriate for the intended audience.
- Provide appropriate challenge and support to the commercial teams in order to deliver bi-monthly forecasts and longer-term projections which are challenging yet achievable.
- Lead the planning and budgeting cycle for Underwriting and Claims entities.
- Continuous design and improvement of existing financial planning processes to satisfy business requirements and support commercial decision making.
- Support system development, implementation and change to deliver process improvement and enhanced management reporting.
- Documentation of all FP&A systems and processes in order to minimise key man dependencies and enable cross-skilling of the team.
- Coach and develop other team members, leading by example and providing motivation within both FP&A and the wider Finance team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA, likely to be 1-2 years post qualified experience, but exceptional candidates with less experience will also be considered.
- A flair for systems and process efficiency, particularly MS Excel skills. Experience of IBM TM1 or Planning Analytics would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to quickly build relationships across the organisation.
- Curious and proactive – seeking solutions and deeper understanding of the ‘why’ and ‘how’.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure whilst balancing multiple deliverables and priorities.
- Exceptionally high attention to detail, with the ability to review (both themselves and peers) and feedback accordingly.
- Previous experience working in the underwriting or insurance industry is desirable.
Our Saga Values:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
About The Company
Over the past 70 years we have become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic, recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
At Saga we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement. We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better.
Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity. We are an official Disability Confident employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required. For more information on our DEI policies please visit our Saga Careers page.
Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the Talent Acquisition Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga will not be responsible for any fees related to CVs received in this unsolicited manner.